2. True. Sex is good any time! Day or night, sex improves breathing and circulation, which results in bright eyes, a facial glow and shiny hair. Sex can also improve cardiovascular conditioning, strength, flexibility and muscle tone. Sex has also been known to relieve anxiety and depression, increase vitality and boost the immune system.
3. False. A study by Dr. Jan Shifren and associates at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, found that women who wore a testosterone patch had sex and masturbated more often and reported more orgasms and sexual fantasies than women not given testosterone supplements. There is a downside though. Testosterone can cause unwanted side effects such as acne, abnormal hair growth, clitoral hypertrophy (growth) and voice change. Testosterone therapy should only be attempted under the care of a physician.
4. True. According to researchers at Wilkes University, people who have sex at least twice a week have fewer colds than people who don’t have any sex. Sexual activity increases immunoglobulin A, an important antibody that helps fight disease. But too much sex can lower levels of the antibody. If you have sex more than three times a week, you may have more colds than normal.
5. True. In the clitoris, studs can cause infection, allergic reactions and growth of tough fibrous tissue and loss of sensitivity. Penis studs and rings can damage blood vessels and result in erectile problems. Tongue piercing can cause loss of taste, permanent numbness and prolonged bleeding. If you must get pierced, use only surgical grade stainless steel, 14 karat gold, or titanium and make sure the procedure is done under sterile conditions.
6. True. According to a worldwide survey by Durex condoms, Americans, averaging 124 romps a year, spank the competition. Closest runner up is New Zealand with 110 romps a year. Americans also had the highest number of sexual partners at 14 – but not all at once.
7. False. According to The Wall Street Journal, most women like smooth chests, backs and arms.
8. True. According to German sex researchers, most men want to settle down with blonde-haired women, but want to party down with brown-haired women. Some of us would respectfully disagree!
9. True. According to a study by Euro RSCG Worldwide, 65 percent of women surveyed thought intelligence was the most attractive thing about men. Only 20 percent thought physical strength was the greatest turn-on.
10. False. According to a study by Euro RSCG Worldwide, a man’s lips are the sexiest part of his body. Next is the chest and shoulders, then eyes, then butt and then hands. The body parts most men consider sexiest: Breasts. No surprise there.
How did you do?
0-3 correct: Innocent as an angel
4-6 correct: Part-time lover
7-8 correct: Sophisticated and seasoned
9-10 correct: You’ve been around the block